Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Am I undermining his discipline?

I have a 20 month old girl who is very busy and active. She is great but is a typical 20 month old. If my spouse says no to her and takes something away she has a fit and acts as though she has been shot. She will run to me and I will give her a hug and redirect her on to a safer toy or whatever. He thinks that because I give her a hug I am undermining him. I think that he needs to keep in perspective what it is that he wants. He doesn't want her to have the pencil...she doesn't. So it shouldn't matter if I hug her, I don't ever give back what has been taken. I just reure her and move her on to something else. If it is me taking the item away from her she has a small fit and comes to me for a hug and some reurance then as well. I am just wondering if he may be right and I am taking the easy way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment